Cyclops D10 and D20 rechargeable headlamps, max 650 lumens 170 metres, blinding value and versatility!Customer reviews
After months of struggling to develop a worthy successor to my best-selling Cyclops CH10, I've finally succeeded! My new Cyclops D10 looks similar to the original CH10 but there are important differences.
The new Cyclops is fitted with Cree's benchmark XPL HD V5 neutral white emitter, delivering approximately 650 lumens of sunshine over 140 ANSI metres (a real-world throw of nearly 50 metres) for more than three hours at full power with a standard 2600mAh battery!
I also stock its sibling, the Cyclops D20, which is equipped with an XPG-type cool-white LED producing around 350 lumens and featuring an adjustable (zooming) lens which throws a narrower beam slightly further.
Both headlamps offer an extraordinary suite of features including:
- internal charging via micro-USB port (you don't need a separate charger!)
- five brightness levels and three strobes (defensive, SOS and beacon)
- glow-in-the-dark switch – easy to locate by touch, hard to turn on accidentally
- impact resistant anodised aluminium body, sealed to IPX6 standard (rain-proof)
- weighs about 120g complete with battery and headstrap
- headstrap allows rapid removal of light (to use as a hand-held torch!)
- mounting bracket can attach the Cyclops to a helmet or stand on a table
- 12-month warranty fully supported by yours truly!
The D10 is not only lighter in weight but also lighter on the pocket than the headlamp it replaces, selling for a third less than the original Cyclops CH10 with battery and charger.
The D10 should be your first choice as an affordable light for outdoor activities like mountain-biking or trail-running, where you need a beam with both width and length, and for applications like tracking spoor or checking the braai, where neutral white light shows up the true colour of the meat.
The D20 will suit folk who prefer a blue-ish white light and zooming beam. Both headlamps perform wonderfully well as work-lights and backup lighting around the house – especially during load-shedding!
Their low price means you won't need to spend your kids' inheritance to leave versatile lights in strategic places around your house, office and car, or to carry with you when you're travelling. They can even be transformed into wonderful lamps using a white plastic container (as shown in the pictures).
And of course they make the perfect gift during these days of electrical uncertainty – your friends and family will think of you every time they are rescued from the forces of darkness!
As with all my torches, I can offer you an even better price if you pay by EFT-on-invoice – just drop me a line and I'll tell you how.