Sofirn LT1S Precious ultra-compact rechargeable LED lantern, for enlightened backpacking! Customer reviews
The LT1S Precious is a tiny light-grenade that's crammed with features, almost indecently powerful, and extraordinary value for money!
Packed into a body smaller than a Marmite jar and weighing just 334g complete with battery, the Precious can be adjusted to deliver anywhere from a 500 lumen "turbo" – enough to light up a huge area – to a one lumen "moonlight" to keep monsters away from your kid's bedroom for 70 nights in a row!
This little lantern is fitted with no less than 40 individual LEDs, including 18 warm-white (2,700K), 18 cool-white (6,500K) and four red, so it can deliver the tint of your choice, from cosy to icy, as well as a brilliant red to preserve night vision, act as a warning, and not attract mozzies!
The Precious can be set to 360-degree illumination or 180-degree directional light, so you can find your way without dazzling yourself. It's fitted with a stainless steel hanger, but it also stands solidly on any flat surface.
It's powered by an industry-standard 21700 rechargeable lithium ion battery which holds 5,000mAh of energy, lasts for years and is affordable and easy to replace when the time comes.
The battery is charged by connecting the lantern to a USB port or cellphone charger, and you can even draw power off the battery to charge your cellphone using a widely available cable!
Since this is a Sofirn, it's:
- built from HAIII anodised aerospace aluminium with a heavy duty polycarbonate diffuser, gold-plated springs etc.
- IPX8 waterproof to 2m and impact resistant to 1m, so it's ready for adventure
- equipped with advanced temperature regulation to protect it from overheating
- and low-voltage protection, so an unprotected battery should last as long as a protected cell
- and indicators to show the state of the battery during charging and in use.
This baby lantern really is "Precious" – a massive asset whether you're climbing mountains, sailing across oceans, camping under the stars or simply trying to survive load-shedding. For the survivalists out there, I think this could earn a space in your grab bag – it really is that good.
Meanwhile, its not-so-big brother, the LT1 Beacon:
- is roughly twice the height and weight of the Precious
- takes up to four 18650 Li-Ions, for more than twice the runtime
- has the Andúril operating system, with a host of extra features
- does not offer red light or directional white light, like the Precious
- has an illuminated switch and tripod mount.
When you consider all the technology crammed into the tiny Precious it should really cost more than it does, but I can offer you an even better price if you pay by EFT into our account to avoid the commission I'm charged when you check out online – just drop me a line (at firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll send you an invoice with your discount.